Possible Ankle Injury Forces Macdonald Out

No Baseball for Several Weeks Probably; X-Ray Pictures Taken

Coach Floyd Stahl's ill-fated nine received another telling blow when Torbert H. Macdonald '40, ex-football captain and star center fielder, suffered another serious injury to his left ankle yesterday afternoon.

According to Stahl, Terby slipped on the steps of the library turning the trick ankle, which bothered him all football season. The exact nature of the injury is not known as yet but X-ray photos have been taken which are being examined this morning by Dr. Thorndike of the Hygiene Department.

Possible Fracture

Probably a bad sprain or possibly a fracture of an ankle bone, the injury will keep Macdonald out of the lineup for at least ten days, and more likely longer.

Coming on top of the ineligibility of Charley Brackett, second-starting pitcher, this new misfortune only adds to the dampening which pennant hopes have already suffered in the Crimson baseball camp.

Coach Stahl will be forced to put one of his pitchers in the hole caused by the senior outfielder's absence.