The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

FACULTY GROUP TO ORGANIZE ELECTED

New Committee on Organization and Procedure Chosen Yesterday

The results of the election for members of the Committee on the Organization and Procedure of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences were announced yesterday after the regular meeting of the Faculty.

Beginning with the Academic year 1940-41, six men were elected for various terms of office. Kenneth B. Murdock, professor of English, and Dr. E. Y.. Hartshorne, instructor in Sociology, were elected for three year terms.

Samuel H. Cross, professor of Slavic Languages, and D. H. McLaughlin, Professor of Geology were elected for two years. One year terms were given to Benjamin F. Wright, assistant professor of Government, and Jeffries Wyman Jr., associate professor of Biology.

The Committee will act as a steering committee for the faculty. It will appoint special groups for specific problems and organize the procedure of the faculty meetings so as to allow the faculty meetings so as to allow the faculty to function with greater efficiency.

This step was taken as the result of a report to the faculty from a committee headed by Julian Coolidge, Professor of Mathematics, which recommended a drastic reorganization of the faculty.