The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

FUROR BOSTONICUS

Relations between Boston and Nazi Germany have taken a turn for the worse. With characteristic suddenness, the Teutons have broken off diplomatic relations with the Traveler, charging the paper with "uncivilized" editorial comment on the Fuehrer. This time the object of their fury, is an appeal to the American people to devise the "most hellish instruments of defense" against "this creature Hitler," and "ex-guttersnipe," a "mediocre little man," a "fanatical, sub-standard person," a "dirty gutter fighter," and "infamous beast." In Nazi eyes, it is uncivilized to "defend the eternal verities," to "meet the diabolical challenge of "Hitler the Horrible and his horde."

Let them fume and threaten; the right to insult was given us under the constitution. Let them howl in protest; we know it is all propaganda. Let them attack the freedom of our press; we shall defend it to the last. We shall never forsake our unbiased, unfettered press which alone can keep our heads above the maclstrom of distortion and infamy.