TOM BOLLES NAMES CLASS REPORT -- COMBY CREW

Two Freshman, Six Members of Third Varsity Compose Eight to Row Yale

By C. PAUL Sheeline

Barr Comstock will again stroke the combination crew, made up of oarsmen from the third Varsity and second Freshman eights, which takes to the water June 20 at New London in an effort to repeat last year's win over the Elis.

Bert Haines, coach of the 150 pound squads, teamed with Tom Bolles and Harvey Love in the selection of the crew and will coach it from now until the race.

Two Freshmen On

The two Freshmen chosen are Carl Seligman and Frank Snyder, who have been stroke and seven most of the season in the Yardling J.V. boat; the rest of the eight will be composed of third Varsity men who have been moved down in the shell to accomodate the newcomers.

Behind Comstock is Harry Hinckley at seven, and Ted Lyman will probably fill the number six slide although Bert Haines hasn't yet definitely announced the order of the seatings. Mike Marshall is slated for the five oar, Reggie Fitz remains at four, and Behn Riggs at three will complete the list.

The Varsity has been concentrating on perfecting its form ever since it returned from Ithaca and the unfortunate Cornell race. Kernan, Goddard, and Fowler were sent down to the Jayvees for a few days but are back now in the first boat again.

Race Four Miles With Yale

The season of sprint rows is over, and every stroke the Varsity takes now is in preparation for the exhausting four-mile grind down the Thames in which every man will have to give his utmost to beat the highly-touted Yale aggregation.

Tom Bolies, Varsity coach, has been working on bladework to eliminate the washing out which was one of the chief troubles in the Cornell contest. The race at Ithaca showed that the Crimson was not as smooth as was believed, probably because the crew had not had to face such powerful opposition before. Undoubtedly Cornell is one of the best crows in the country and has a good chance to finish first at Poughkoopsie, so Harvard did not lose much prestige by being beaten.