23-2 SHELLACKING LOOMS FOR 'POON IN THURSDAY BLOWOFF

As Thursday's CRIMSON - Lampoon bingle-bust looms ever closer on the sports horizon, independent experts point knowingly to the defeat Saturday of the Brooklyn Dodgers by the Cincinnati Reds by the "highly significant" score of 23 to 2.

"Why, that's the score predicted for the CRIMSON's win over the 'Poon," exulted one clever fellow.

"Right you are," was the rejoinder of another, "and did you know that the CRIMSON Sports Editor, D. Donald Peddle, has staked his reputation on his prediction of a win for the journalists?"

"No, really?" gasped the first expert. "Well, he hasn't get much to lose, but I think I'll still get on the CRIMSON bandwagon."

"The ill-fated Lampoon is furnishing the wagon this year," quipped his colleague, "and they claim it runs on alcohol."

"Don't we all?" mused the other. "Say, I understand the game is to be preceded by a ceremonial burning of the contestants' reading and lecture notes--for those that have 'em."

"Tweedle-dee-dum, tweedle-dee-dye," chorused the independent sports experts, "Three o'clock Thursday is the cry"