Vanguard of 3000 Upperclassmen Register; Others To Sign Today

Freshmen Hear Chase, Metcalf, Leighton, and Bingham Gave Advice

More than eight hundred Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors registered on Saturday morning, along with a few late arrivals among the Class of 1944, to raise the total of registrants to nearly 2,000.

This leaves nearly 2,000 more undergraduates yet unregistered, and these are expected in Cambridge today along with 4,000 graduate students, making a probable grand total of 8,500 members of the University. Upperclassmen have been given the opportunity to register on either Saturday or Monday, while graduate students begin and end today.

Freshmen Hear Advice

On Saturday the Freshmen heard Professor G. H. Chase, Acting Dean of the College; Keyes Dewitt Metcalf, Director of the University Library; Deimar Leighton, Dean of Freshmen; and William J. Bingham, Director of Athletics; giving sage advice at morning and evening meetings.

Tonight the Yardlings will attend the annual reception of the Phillips Brooks House Association at 7:30 o'clock, when they will be given information on various extra-curricular activities by the student leaders of the groups.

Discuss Study Cards

Freshmen made appointments to see their faculty advisers yesterday and today, and the topic of their consultations was the study cards, which must be passed in at University 2 before 5 o'clock today. Because of their later registration, upperclassmen do not have to pass their cards in until before 5 o'clock tomorrow.

Because most of the Monday registrations in former years have come between 10 and 12 o'clock in the morning, upperclassmen are advised to register early to avoid crowds and to speed up the process of getting through Memorial Hall.