PROFESSOR MORIZE STILL IN EUROPE

Former Propaganda Bureau Head on Way to Lisbon To Take Clipper

Listed in the catalogue as the teacher in a course in French literature, Andre Morize, professor of Romance Languages, is still in Europe to the best of knowledge of the University.

Morize spent last year as the head of the French Bureau of North American Propaganda after he was stranded in Paris at the outbreak of hostilities. His bureau translated articles from French periodicals and speeches by French statesmen in order to send them to this country.

En Route to Lisbon

When peace was decided on, Morize decided to return to Cambridge, but until this month he was unable to secure his visa to the United States. He is now believed to be travelling to Lisbon to catch a trans-Atlantic clipper.

A Frenchman by birth, Morize served as a lieutenant in the French army during the first war. In 1917 he was sent to Harvard through an exchange plan which provided veterans to train the officers in the colleges of this country.

Organized French 6

He became so attached to America and to the College that he decided to stay on, and until 1939 he taught French, becoming noted for his organization of French 6, the survey course of the literature of his native land.

When he returns he will be in charge of French 7, Romanticism and Realism in Literature of the Nineteenth Century. Until his return the course will be conducted by Marcel Francon, associate professor of Romance Languages.

Next year he is slated to teach two more courses, French 30 and French 8, omitted during 1940-41.