Huntington, von Stade Named "Baby Deans"

Christopher Huntington '32 and Francis Skiddy von Stade '38 will fill the positions as Assistant Deans of Harvard College vacated by Knight McMahan '33 and Stephen A. Stackpole '33, it was announced by the University.

Von Stade, who prepared at St. Paul's and spent last year as a graduate student of history in the University of North Carolina, will have charge of Juniors and Seniors, while Huntington, an assistant in German, will join the staff of Freshmen deans.

Staff of Freshmen Deans

From University 9 the staff of Freshmen deans presided ever by Delmar Leighton '19, dean of Freshmen, maintains close supervision of the Yardlings. In addition to Huntington as so-called "baby deans" are Francis Keppel '39, former President of the Student Council, and Henry Chauncey, a football and baseball letterman in 1928.

At the beginning of the year the class will be divided between Deans Keppel and Huntington with the exception of the National Scholarship areas which are under Dean Chauncey. These National Scholarships are handled by a complicated sorting and tabulating machine known as "Chauncey's brain child" on the top floor of University Hall.