Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

THE MOVIEGOER

At the Paramount and Fenway

Here is another one of those exalting, exasperating Warner epics that drag on indefinitely being just too, too documentary about everything. Edward G. Robinson as Julius Reuter and Edna Best as his wife try in vain to sell their sickening sentimentality as old world charm. Mr. Robinson should stick to gangsters instead of dabbling in the German bourgeoisie. And Mr. Bassermann could also be a little less Continental and a little more convincing in his part.

Please, please, Mr. Warner, don't lecture us so sternly on the principles of freedom and good citizenship. Do you take us all for fifth columnists?

"The Villain Still Pursued Her" is second on the bill but is its first, and sole, attraction. It is solid, old-fashioned stuff with explanatory asides and soliloquies and even a moral. Anita Louise makes a lovely flower of innocence, but the big black villain (Alan Mowbray) steals the show (his attempts to steal Anita are foiled in time).