Grads Dedicate Room To Thomas N. Perkins

300 Attend Yesterday's Ceremonies For Former Member of Corporation

Three hundred prominent alumni and their wives attended the dedication ceremonies of the Thomas Nelson Perkins Room in Massachusetts Hall yesterday afternoon. After three memorial speeches, Charles Francis Adams '88 presented the room to President Conant representing the University.

Meetings of the Corporation which were formerly held in Boston will now take place in the new room. Perkins was a member of the Corporation for thirty years until his death in 1937. He was also a prominent figure in the American activities in European reconstruction after the World War, practiced law in Boston, and held the position of Chairman of the Board of the Boston and Maine Railroad.

Speakers yesterday were Robert F. Herrick '90, former Harvard Overseer, who described Perkins' professional career and position in the local community: Edward S. French, president of the Boston and Maine Railroad, who read a memoir on his services to New England written by Ernest M. Hopkins. President of Dartmonth College: and Leon Fraser, President of the First National Bank of New York, who explained the national and international aspects of his public service.

After the addresses, which were given in the Faculty Room in University Hall, those attending visited the new room where tea was served.