7 Ski Team Members Practice in St. Sauveur

Find Snow Adequate For Cross-Country

Hopes of College skiing competition on the slopes of the Laurentians, which drew the ski team up to Saint Sauveur over the vacation, failed to materlalize, supposedly for lack of snow, but the seven who made the trip found conditions very adequate for some good cross-country.

Freshman Duncan Reed did well for his first showing, according to Ski Club president Tom Winslip, Forbes Bigelow, who was a standby for jumping on last year's Freshman team, entered a new competitive field and turned in a pretty rugged exhibition of langlauf.

The others who were up in Canada were Rog Wilson, Mac McNair, Preble Motley, Maclean Griffin, and Winship. Captain Finn Ferner was unable to get that far north, so he skied in Woodstock. Vt., with Del Ames.

Informal Slalom Tomorrow

On Mount Mansfield Bungie King and John Abbot got in their pre-season practice on some good snow on the less accessible trails that went unnoticed by local newspapers.

Informal slalom is on the docket tomorrow for any and all interested. The Ski Club is running the show which is due to begin at 2 o'clock on Brownloaf Hill in Groton. Tryouts for the team will be held at the same time.

The first formal competition for the team this year is expected to be the Brattleboro, Vt., cross-country and jumping in which those who can get away from exams will participate. The meet at Franconia scheduled for this weekend was called off.