EXETER HOPS ON FRESHMEN FOR 26-0 WIN

Higgins Scores Three Times To Continue 7-year Streak

For the sixth consecutive year, the boys in red and grey of Exeter Academy have come out of the New Hampshire hills to paste defeat on the Crimson Yearlings, this time by a lop-sided 26 to 0 score at the expense of Chief Boston's gridsters last Saturday afternoon on Soldiers Field.

What looked to be a real close contest for the scoreless first quarter turned into a regular rout by the end of the second period as the visitors chalked up two quick touchdowns, which put them in the lead 13 to 0 at the half.

Coach Bill Clark's well-oiled Academy eleven kept up a continual string of offensive threats which kept the Yardlings back on their heels for most of the game. The losers never really threatened seriously to cross their opponents goal line, displaying a rather ragged offense.

Higgins Sparks Exeter

Pat Higgins, 175-pound right halfback from Exeter, was easily the most outstanding player on the field as he accounted for three of his team's four touchdowns. He tallied two on wide and runs and passed to Dick Gill for another.

Most brilliant play of the game came in the second period when Penny Pendleton of Exeter grabbed a Harvard punt on his own 45-yard line and scampered 55 yards to cross the goal line standing up. Not one Crimson player got close enough for a tackle.

Pete Garland, 210-pound back, and Fisher shared the kicking assignments for the Yardlings while Penny Pendleton punted for the visitors. A severe wind handicapped the kicking and passing of both squads during the entire game.