Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

THE MOVIEGOER

At the U.T.

Dottie Lamour is at it again, fellows, sarong and all, making love to no less than two scantily clad Polynesians. This time technicolor adds its bit and helps to make the movie better than the rest of Dottie's gone-native series. Other factors that raise this above the ordinary are: a better than average story of tropic love, hate, and retribution; a good cast of supporting actors, especially Lynne Overman; and a very realistic sequence of the eruption of a volcano, fully as terrifying as the eruption in Fantasia's "Rites of Spring."

La Lamour has been named the "pin-up" girl of the Army and this picture tells why. Fortunately she sings only one song and, just for variety, has two people to make love at. One, the young chief to whom she is betrothed and who has just returned from Harvard (Harvard) to become chief of the islanders, is played by Jon Hall, rather dashingly, but not subtly. The other is the villain who covets Hall's throne as well as his betrothed. After an education in this institution, Hall finds life among his people a little perplexing and a lot more virile than he had become accustomed to, However, he thrashes the villain with proper despatch, handles the love scenes quite well, and at last sees the villain consumed in molten lava while he and his bride stand ready for the final clinch.

It's a rattling good yarn full of the healthy animal instincts, presented in a very colorful fashion. As for the rest of the program, a fair Information Please and a not-so-good March of Time appear with the Grade Z picture "Forced Landing." If you're in the mood, "Aloma of the South Seas" is good entertainment, but cut the rest.