Redbook to Initiate Competitions System

Following in the footsteps of the Senior Album, the Red Book has decided to run competitions in the expectation of weeding out poor editors and coaxing better work from those who remain, George Hooper '45, Chairman of the Red Book, stated last night.

"We don't want to overlook any promising men even if their prop school records aren't impressive," Hooper said. Last year all offices were filled by appointment, selection being based on the candidate's achievements in secondary school and overlooking enthusiastic men with little experience.

From the successful candidates Hooper will choose two assistant chairmen, an unspecified number of editors for the literary board, depending on how many turn out well, and a photo chairman. James McNulty '45, Business Chairman, will pick an advertising manager, a circulation manager, and as many more editors as there are promising candidates.

Over 60 Yardlings turned out at last Thursday's meeting for Chairman and Business Chairman, and Hooper expects that the majority of these men will enter the competition.