JACK FISHER TO CAPTAIN '45 GRID

Yardlings Seek First Win Of Year Against Worcester

By A. EDWARD Rowse

Last night the scoreless Freshmen gridsters reached into their grab-bag of popularity and came up with a captain, John W. Fisher. The six foot three Weston center captained the Andover Academy eleven in 1940 and has started both Harvard games this campaign.

Fisher, who is the older half of a brother combination, the other part of which, Bill, plays left tackle for the Yardlings, takes his charges to Worcester this afternoon to play Worcester Academy.

Yardlings Should Win

If determination and hard work have anything to do in the matter. Coach Chief Boston's players will come back with their first win of the season.

Four Yardlings will answer the opening whistle today who were not in the starting lineup last Saturday. They are Bill Ward, who will start at left tackle, Lloyd Duxbury at left guard, and Al Wheeler, who has heaten out Rill Fisher for the right tackle spot.

In the backfield, Jim Gallagher, who has been coming along fast recently, will line up at the left half post. Gershon Ross, who played that position last week has been moved over to right half, while Fairfield Goodale once again holds down the fullback spot.