MARIA MONTEZ ARRIVES FRIDAY

Hollywood Starlet to Come To Student Union Dance

Maria Montez, the red-headed South American starlet, will be the Student Union's guest-of-honor at the annual Memorial Hall mass dance this Friday, when 600 girls collected by the bus-load from all nearby girls' colleges, will meet an unpredictable number of Harvard stags.

Strictly a non-date affair, the dance will last from 8 until 12 o'clock, during which time girls from Wellesley, Pine Manor, Simmons, and Radcliffe will have a chance to meet eligible Harvard men and dance to the music of Ken Reeves.

A gala tour of the College and of the Hub has been planned for Maria, who is best known as a model of the latest fashions in sweaters for Life magazine. Mayor Tobin and Governor Saltonstall will give her the keys to the city when she arrives on Thursday, and later she will be brought to Harvard for a tour of the Yard, a press reception at Phillips Brooks House, and a broadcast over the Crimson Network.

On Friday night she will be escorted to the Memorial Half dance by Student Union officials. Miss Montez, whose screen fortunes are rising fast, comes from the Dominican Republic and speaks very little English.