Forte, MacKinney, Heiden Miss Pre-Game Scrimmage

But Harlow to Start Them Against Tigers

By A.edward Rowse

Coach Harlow was not too pleased with yesterday's last tough practice session before the Princeton game. Both A and B teams look sluggish running plays through Chief Boston's Freshmen, who faced the Varsity for almost an hour of scrimmage until darkness descended on Soldiers' Field.

Missing from the first team were Loren MacKinney, Don Forte, and George Heiden, who participated in everything but the contact work. Coach Harlow, however, removed all doubts of their being ready for Saturday's fray when he announced that his starting lineup will remain the same as the one that faced Navy except for left end MacKinney.

MacKinney, Forts to Start

His two slightly injured ends, MacKinney and Forte, will be at their regular positions for the opening whistle, while Jack Morgan, who was rested yesterday, and Bull Barnes will probably see action as reserves.

George Heiden did not take part in yesterday's contact work in order that Ted Lyman, second string blocking back, could get needed experience in scrimmaging.

The rest of the first and second teams spent much time on defense against Princeton plays with the backfield coaches impersonating outstanding Tiger backs.

Former Crimson Players

It looked as if practically the whole 1938 Crimson backfield was resurrected out of the past as A1 Kevorkian imitated Tom Irwin at blocking back, Frank Foley '39 impersonated Captain Bob Peters at tailback, Nick Mellen '39 took the place of Bob Perina at wingback, and Chief Boston played the part of Bud Rose at bucking back.

Harlow also devoted a good deal of time yesterday to the noticeably weak Crimson passing offense, which he is trying to improve for the four remaining games of the season.

The Harvard vanguard, including 28 players, will leave at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning by train for Princeton, arriving in time for a workout in Palmer Stadium in the afternoon.