Council Drive Nets $9,324

Door-to-Door Campaign To Get Under Way Next Week

A total of $9,324 has been pledged or paid to the Student Council during the three-day siege of Memorial Hall at registration time John P. Bunker '42, treasurer of the Council, announced yesterday.

$4,418 in cast has been collected this year, a gain of $162 over last year, and $4906 has been pledged this year as opposed to $4702 last year. The Freshman class, although somewhat larger than those of upperclassmen, paid and pledged more than twice as much money as any other class.

The Council will commence its annual door-to-door campaign to collect unpaid pledges during the week of Oct. 12. This year one man from each entry of the Houses and the Freshman Halls will be responsible for the collection of this money in his entry. By this system it is hoped that more time can be spent with the individual students to explain why the Council needs money and what will be done with it.

A meeting of door-to-door solicitors will be held at Emerson D on Tuesday, October 14, at 5 o'clock. At this time Elliott Perkins, Master of Lowell House and head of the local Community Fund drive, will talk about the Community Fund and show pictures of its activities.