PENN VICTIMS REST UP AS "B", "C" TEAMS TOIL

McNichol to Return For Practice Today

It was an easy afternoon for Dick Harlow's first stringers yesterday, but the "B" and "C" teams worked hard until dark, scrimmaging first each other and climaxing with the first actual contact work of the year against the Freshmen.

Harlow watched his weary warriors of last Saturday's Penn disaster go through signal drills and work out against Cornell plays in preparation for this week's contest and then dismissed them for the afternoon.

Still absent from the Varsity lineup was Junior passing ace, Don McNicol, who was sorely missed in Saturday's game. But, according to reports, he is due to return to practice this afternoon.

Pirnie, Tine Sparkle

Ace sprint star Doug Pirnie and Hal Tine ripped through the opposition in the scrimmage between the "B" and "C" teams hitting pay dirt several times. Pirnie did well in picking the openings and warding off prospective tacklers, making several long scoring dashes.

Following this practice scrimmage, Coach Harlow formed a team of players from both "B" and "C" units to face a similar mongrel Yardling aggregation. With assistant Freshman coach Nick Mellen providing words of advice and encouragement, the Yardlings held the Varsity boys virtually at a standstill for about 30 minutes.

The Fisher brothers, Bill and Jack, packed much of the wallop in the Freshman defense, combining in something like an old family fend against brother Bob, playing tackle for the Harlow scrubs.

For the first time this year, the white ball was put into play as darkness decended on the practice field and the Varsity seconds experienced one of the longest and hardest workouts of the season.

In addition to the Fisher brothers, the Varsity found tough going through the Yardling line composed of Bruce Smart, Dick Anderson, Sid Smith, Bill Ward, and Don Richards. In the backfield most of the time were Fairfield Goodale, Ed Harding, Dick Mechem, and Paul Perkins.

The Varsity lineups:

Team B: le Barnes, lt Hibbard, lg Row, c Anderson, rg Whitehill, rt Stannard, re Farley, bb Lyman, tb Wilson (Pirnie), wb O'Donnell (Tine), fb Heath.

Team C: le Davenport, lt Sattuck, lg Aldrich, c Strezynski, rg George, rt Fisher, re Tatton, bh Kamp, tb Chase, wb MacLellan, fb Sosman.