NEW COURSES PREPARE FOR DEFENSE JOBS

Busy School Offers A.B.'s Two Ways to Get Head Start

Two ways of beating the draft to the draw are being offered by the Graduate School of Business Administration to men with College A.B.'s who are anxious to gain a commission in the Army or a place in a vital defense industry, Business School Dean Wallace B. Donham has announced.

First of the two courses of study, both of which begin January 26, 1942, will be a 12-month course training men for production work in defense factories which are experiencing a dire shortage of junior supervisors who can cope with urgent Government demands for increased production of vital materials.

According to Donham, "This course is designed especially to prepare men for such work in essential defense industries, from which we have already had a heavy demand for the School's graduates."

Train to Be Quartermasters

Candidates for Master in Business Administration may take an alternative program combined with the new training course in the University ROTC, senior division, which will turn out Second Lieutenants in the Army Quartermaster Corps.

To be eligible for this ROTC plan, physically fit applicants must be under 28 years of age, college graduates, must have completed the two-year basic ROTC course, and yet may not already hold commissions as reserve officers.

Last September, for the first time in United States history, the Army created ROTC units to train men specifically for the Quartermaster Corps. This is taken as a recognition by the Army of the increased importance of the supply services and the greater complexity of their tasks in modern warfare.

With this addition to their curriculum, the Business School takes another step toward their effort to meet Governemnt demands for trained economists and production experts which have been met by many of the Business Faculty as well as by recent graduates.