Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

SOROKIN, CONS SPEAK AT RALLY FOR FREE FRENCH

Highlighted by an address by Professor Pitirim A. Sorokin, professor of Sociology, the first open meeting of Harvard's unit of "France Forever" was held Monday night in the Geographical Exploration Building.

Before an audience of some 150 students from Harvrd, Wellesley and Lasell, Professor Sorokin explained his reasons for his condemnation of the Nazi "'New Order," asserting that if offered no values to offset the destruction brought about by its activities.

Professor Louis Cons, New England President of "France Forever," and Samuel B. Cross, professor of Slavic Languages and Literature spoke on the subject of Vichy's collaboration with Germany, each asserting that such a policy is completely opposed to the spirit of France. Movies of the German invasion and of the de Gaulle forces in England and North Africa were also shown.