Thespians Decide On Two Fall Season Plays

H.D.C. to Produce Shaw And Lorca Peasant Farce

The Harvard Dramatic Club has decided to put on two short plays for their fall production, which is scheduled to go on the Brattle Hall stage December 3, 4, and 5.

The first play, "The Prodigious Wife," is a gay farce in two acts by Frederico Garcia Lorca. Lorca is a Spanish playwright who was shot several years ago fighting for the Loyalists.

Bob Keahy '45, son of Leon Ames, star character actor of "Male Animal," will carry the main role. The supporting male cast will be filled by Robert Stuart '43, David Mayer '42, A. Ruml '45, W. T. Close '45, F. P. Coolidge '45, and Mike Ford '43.

Shaw Fills Bill

George Bernard Shaw's one act play. "The Man of Destiny," will round out the bill. Jere Sheean '43 will take the lead, supported by James Oakes '45 and John Turner '44.

The female roles for both play have been drawn from the Katherine Gibbs, Katheline Dell, Academe Moderne, and New England Conservatory of Music Schools. Filling this half of the dramatis personae are Misses Priscilla Freeman, Marilyn Matson, Ruth Bersted, Valerie Proctor, Elizabeth Collins, Janet Griswald, Ulla Hanson, Priscilla Patch, and Isadora Falcao.

The productions are being staged and directed by S. Leonard Kent '43; Robert Neilly '43; and Ted Squier '43. John Holabird '42, Ted Weren '42, and Rollo Thompson '43, veterans of the technical side of H.D.C. drama, are doing the sets.