DEBATING COUNCIL FACES HOLY CROSS

Heavy Schedule Includes Contest With Swarthmore

Having split a home-and-home series with Yale, the Debating Council swings into the heavy portion of its fall and winter schedule tonight when a trio of debaters journeys to Worcester to face Holy Cross. Discussing the question of permanent military conscription, the debaters will begin an intensive program which includes five radio debates in the next two months.

Contests with Middlebury College, M.I.T., Salem State Teachers' College, Boston College, and Batos, the latter to be broadcast over station WAAB, will feature the Council's home schedule. Also on its program are debates with New York University, to take place in New York City, and Swarthmore College, to be held at Wilmington, Delaware. The Swarthmore debate will be broadcast.

In keeping with its attempt to discuss subjects of more than academic interest, the Council will debate this year socialized medicine, the establishment of a war industries board, and anti-strike legislation.

Ten new members, swelling the Council's active membership to 28, are taking a part in these debates. The final selection for this year of additional members will take place in February.