Indian Hockey Leader Will Aid Clark Hodder

Fred Maloon, Dartmouth's Center, at Business School

Fred Maloon, last year's Dartmouth hockey captain and now a first year student at the Graduate School of Business Administration, will assist hockey coach Clark Hodder with both the Varsity and Freshman hockey teams this winter, it was announced yesterday by Bill Bingham.

For three years Maloon bolstered the Dartmouth forward trio, playing center his junior year on a line with Dan Sullivan and Mal Cross which was considered one of the best in Dartmouth hockey history. Last year the team he captained defeate dthe Crimson 5 to 4 at Hanover and battled to a 3 to 3 tie in the Garden.

Has Coached Before

Coaching will not be a new experience for Hodder's new assistant. As Indian chief last year he aided the Green's coach Eddie Jeremiah with the handling of the squad, and collaborated with him on the writing of a book on hockey.

It is also understood that Skeets Canterbury, the veteran mentor who used to help with the goalies and run the Freshmen in their games, has resigned his post, which will probably be taken over by Jeremiah.

Maloon attended Hebron Academy before he went to Dartmouth, and is 22 years old. He carries 185 pounds on his five foot ten frame.