INJURY FREE SQUAD PREPS FOR CADETS

Varsity Shakes Out Kinks In Short Monday Practice

With is squad in the best physical shape of any Monday afternoon since the season began, Dick Harlow started in early on the job of upsetting the Army, which brings its undefeated football team to Cambridge Saturday.

The Varsity worked out kinks picked up in Palmer Stadium and then went in early. During the afternoon they took a look at the Army plays as versatile Frank Swirles impersonated Hank Mazur.

One Scrimmage This Week

There is not a single man on the injured list at the present time, and the coaches are keeping their fingers crossed for rest of the week. Harlow plans one scrimmage, probably on Wednesday, in contrast to the two held last week and none the week before that. MacKinney, Forte, and all the rest of Dr. Thorndike's headaches are in good condition, even including Ray Guild, who has been out with one misfortune after another since the beginning of the year.

Hour exams and the early departure of those players who saw much action in the mud decimated the squad, and to fill up the team which Harlow used for signal practice, he had to dip down to the Jayvees for tackle material.

Wayne Johnson was running from the tailback position on this team, although formerely this year he has been acting as Don McNicol's understudy for the fullback slot. As a Freshman Johnson played tailback, and so he is not unaccustomed to the position, although the plays which Chief Boston teaches the Freshmen have little in common with Harlow's. '42 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE October  3  Pennsylvania   10  William and Mary   17  Dartmouth   24  Army   31  Princeton November  7  Michigan at Ann Arbor   14  Brown   21  Yale at New Haven