20 STUDENTS NOMINATED BY PSEUDO 'WHO'S WHO

1941-1942 College Album Oozes Praise

Twenty-Harvard Students-Twenty have just been nominated "for Inclusion in" WHO'S WHO AMONG STUDENTS IN AMERICAN COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES."

The names of the chosen undergraduates were listed in the following order of preference:

Robert Axtell '43, F.B. Harvey '43, J. W. Sullivan '43, D. W. McNicol '43, Thomas Matters '43, John Richardson '43, Darcy Curwen '43, Eugene D. Keith '43, Loren MacKinney '42, John C. Robbins '42, Coles Phinizy '42, John Holabird '42, Charles Bridge '42, John P. Bunker '42, Edward Ames '43, Peter A. Dammann '42, David B. Stearns '42.

It is definitely known that Thomas Matters '43 was on the nominating committee. The others have not yet been ascertained.

Each of the listed men received an announcement letter which speaks for itself:

Dear Mr. John Fortunate Doe:

You are to be congratulated on meeting the high rigid requirements necessary for your biography to be listed in the 1941-42 WHO'S WHO AMONG STUDENTS IN AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES which will appear in February. You have been selected as one of a limited number of outstanding leaders on your campus to represent Harvard.

Your record while in school and before entering college has been considered. You should be proud and we congratulate you. Mr. Doe, you were selected by a committee of representatives from each House at Harvard.

With this letter there are "Instructions" as to the blanks in the attached envelope. Please read everything carefully and return all the blanks at the same time: not later than Nov. 10. A few biographies were omitted last year because they were received too late.

Again congratulations, Mr. Doe. There is a tremendous amount of detailed work involved and that is the reason we ask you to cooperate by having your blank in on time. Sincerely yours,   WHO'S WHO   AMONG STUDENTS,   H. Pettus Randall,   Editor.