CRIMSON SET TO BLITZ UNBEATEN ARMY

Over 50,000 To Watch Harlow's Team Attempt to Break Blaik Jinx

By A. EDWARD Rowse

Once again an underdog Crimson football eleven is ready to try its hand at toppling a favored visiting team from the envious realms of the undefeated as it meets Army at 2 o'clock today in the Stadium.

But it won't just be a contest between two highly rated teams this afternoon; it will also be a personal battle between the rival coaches.

Dick Harlow, the Crimson mentor, has never seen his teams beat a team coached by Earl "Red" Blaik, the present Army coach. For seven years before going to West Point, Blaik kept Harlow-coached elevens from taking a game from Dartmouth.

50,000 People Expected

For the first time since Clint Frank led his star-studded Yale team into the Stadium in 1937, the Allston arena is expected to have over 50,000 onlookers for today's game, the twenty-seventh Harvard-Army affair on the books.

The Army aggregation, which has trampled Citadel, V. M. I., Yale, Columbia, and tied Notre Dame, is considered a slight favorite to come out on top mainly because its record is more impressive than the Crimson's, which consists of two wins, two losses, and a tie.

Blaik, in his first year at Army, has done wonders with supposedly mediocre material to make his team one of the more pleasant surprises of the season.

Harvard's Improvement

But a rather renowned egg-gatherer named Dick Harlow has not done too badly on his side. He has brought a hopelessly beaten Harvard team which lost to Penn by three touchdowns to a position of national prominence by virtue of its victory over Dartmouth and tie with Navy.

Last Saturday's lucky win over Princeton has served almost as much as a loss to bring the Crimson definitely "up" for today's game with Army.

On paper, today's contestants line up in a manner similar to the Dartmouth fray, with the visiting team's better-than-average backfield pitted against a better-than-average Crimson line.

Army's Star Backs

Hank Mazur, triple threat back, who was a thorn in Harvard's side in last year's 6 to 6 tie, is back again. Only this time he has two excellent backs with him in Ralph Hill and Johnny Hatch.

The only change in the Harvard lineup from the one that faced Princeton is at right end. According to Harlow, Jack Morgan and Don Forte are still even, but it's Forte's turn to start today. The rest of the team is physically perfect and ready for action except light weight Cleo O'Donnell, who may be kept out of the game because of an injury he received in practice this week.