Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Graduates Assist Flying Campaign

Poll Shows Alumni Interest In Army Air Corps Career

Nearly a third of the replies of Harvard Alumni to a poll recently conducted by the New England Flying Cadet Committee indicated strong graduate support of the government's "keep 'em flying" campaign.

Numerous queries were recived concerning the procedure of becoming a Flying Cadet, with many of the responses from medical students, married men, and a large number of men who are already in the service. Even some of this group showed interest in the possibility of becoming air cadets.

Heavyweight alumni were informed that the weight maximum is 200 pounds. Two men currently serving in the Royal Canadian Air Force sought to know if they could transfer to the United States Air Corps, provided that this nation enters the war.

No Discrimination Shown

The Committee advised a Negro boy that he was not excluded from the Corps because of his race or color. Several men did not have sufficient college credits, and they will, be required to pass a written examination. Many married men were told that they could not be made exceptions to the general regulation which bars them. Men with poor eyesight learned that they might be admitted to the non-flying section of the Air Force.