Sextet Tops Olympics 5-2 in Practice Game

Witherby Starts as Goalie; Ayres Head Crimson Scorer

The Varsity hockey team continued its winning ways last night, this time at the expense of the Boston Junior Olympics, chalking up a 5 to 2 verdict in an informal but hotly contested game played at the Boston Skating Club. Better teamwork gave the Crimson its winning margin.

In the major surprise of the evening Coach Clark Hodder started Edwin Witherby at goal, and in his debut Witherby shut out the Junpics during the 20 minutes he played. Al Everts scored the only goal of the period in 17:27 with Sandy Macmillan getting the assist.

Burgy Ayres opened the second by taking Caleb Loring's pass from the left boards and flashing the red light with a beautiful shot in 2:00. Sandy Macmillan raced down the right wing and let fly at the goalie just before crashing into the boards. In the excitement the Junpics goal tender scooped the puck into his own net. Gordy McGrath made the score 4 to 0 with an unassisted screen shot two seconds before the period's end.

Ayres concluded the Crimson scoring when he tallied his second goal of the evening on Dick Harding's pass. Towards the end of the game the Junpics came back and beat Ab Fenn on a play which caught the defense flatfooted. Their second goal came when the Crimson had two men off the ice.