DUDLEY, WINTHROP WIN 3rd STRAIGHT IN HOCKEY

Top Bellboys, Adams To Keep House Lead

Adding to the lead they built up on the first House hockey card, Dudley and Winthrop continued to set the pace, each winning its third straight game last night. The Ramblers beat Lowell 8 to 1, while the Puritans topped Adams by a 4 to 0 count.

In the first game of the evening, Dunster kept its place behind the leaders by outscoring Eliot 4 to 2. Claverly nosed out Leverett 2 to 1 in the final encounter, which came to a premature end when the rink had to close.

Kilfoyle and Whitaker paced the Commuters' attack with two goals apiece, while Germley, Lovett, MacDonald, and Thompson each found the nets once. Rottschafer's one tally made him the Bellboys' top scorer for the young season, with two points to one by Burton.

Jayvees Help Puritans

Aided by a number of Junior Varsity men just out from the first squad, the Puritans swept to their second shutout victory. Apthorp, one of the recent additions to the Winthrop sextet, rang the bell twice to top the scoring column, with Gamble and LaCroix coming through once each.

Marc White, who scored all three of the Funsters' goals against Kirkland last week, set the pace again last night as his two scores provided the margin of victory over the Elephants. Ferner and Broidrick also tallied for Dunster, while Brundage and Locke got their shots past the Funster goalie.

Last night's results put the Ramblers and the Puritans out in front with three victories and no defeats each. On the opening night both hold the opposition scoreless, but Leverett held Dudley to a 4 to 3 margin and Lowell kept Winthrop down to a 4 to 2 lead.

Both the Funsters and the Dormitory team have won twice, but the Dunster record is marred with one loss. Adams comes next with one tie and one setback, followed by Eliot, Leverett, and Lowell with two defeats and a deadlock apiece. Kirkland is in the cellar with two losses in as many starts.