Yale Outruns Track Team Saturday 56-35

In their first dual indoor track meet, the Yale track team defeated the Crimson, 56-35, at New Haven Saturday. The Mikkolamen captured five first places as against six for the Blue, taking away some of the sting from the loss.

Captain Don Donahue was the outstanding Harvard performer, winning both high and low hurdles and garnering 10 points all by himself. Donald Main, who won the mile run by a fifty year margin, and whose spurt won the two-mile relay, starred for Yale.

Coach Mikkola's charges were expected to win the field events handily, but were able to gain only a tie in firsts. John Bunker took the high jump at six feet, and Dick Pfister the shot-put with an excellent throw of 46 feet 1/4 inch. Yale's Ed Macomber took the pole vault away from Mitchell Ford with a mark of 12 feet, 6 inches, and Frank Kemp tossed the 35-pound weight 47 feet, 113/4 inches.

Sophomore Doug Pirnie was victorious in the 60-yard dash, defeating Yale's Rothschild and Owen in 6.3 seconds. But Yale took all three places in the one and two mile runs, and won both the one and two mile relays.

Roger Schafer of Harvard and Dick Osborne of Yale closely pressed Captain Donshue in the high and low hurdles.