Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Lowell Forum Studies American War Policy

In accord with nationwide interest in aid to Britain and peace possibilities, five prominent men addressed a group of fifty students and faculty members in the Lowell House Symposium last night.

The speakers, who represented a wide number of opinions, took turns answering a list of prepared questions, designed to cover as many aspects of the topics as possible. The men were: William E. Hocking '01, Alford Professor of Philosophy; Bart J. Bok, associate professor of Astronomy; Clive Knowles, state organizer of "Labor's Non-Partisan League of Massachusetts; R. Minton Sedgwick '21, Boston Chairman of the William Allen White Committee; and Donald C. McKay, assistant professor of History.

Discuss Peace Terms

Professor Hocking met with agreement when he suggested that the United States would do well to come out with a declaration of the terms on which it thinks the next peace should be made, such as friendliness and willingness to cooperate with the German people.

Talk turned to the chances of a union after the war, and Bok, asserted that, unlike some of the speakers, he feels that uniting England and America, and leaving the other countries out in the cold, would do nothing more than recreate the conditions which provoked the present war.