'44 SEXTET EDGES OUT PRINCETON, 3-2

Marcus Beebe Sparks Attack, Scores Both Goals of Hard-Fought Game

By John C. Bullard

Marcus Beebe personally paced the Freshman hockey team to a bruising 2 to 0 victory over Princeton in a game played yesterday afternoon at the Boston Skating Club. The Freshman center scored both goals and sparked the '44 performance with his agile stick-handling throughout the encounter.

Before three and a half minutes had passed Beebe put the Crimson ahead. John Burton, Freshman right winger, passed to Beebe, who circled the defense and fired the disc past the Tiger goalie into the upper right-hand corner of the net.

Third Period Hectic

There was no more scoring until the middle of the third period, when Beebe converted left wing "Woody" Redmon's pass for the second Crimson goal. Princeton did a lot of pressing during the last two periods, but "Red" O'Neill kept his goal uncrossed with one close squeak and several spectacular saves.

Three minutes before the end of the game Al Reeves of the Freshmen and Bill O'German of the visitors were ejected from the game with five-minute major penalties for fighting. Both had been off the ice previously for rule infractions, and when Reeves was body checked by O'German while leading a rush up the ice, the Crimson defenseman, claiming that his adversary had illegally cross-checked him, lost his head and swung on the Princeton man. The two tangled for a few hectic seconds until players and officials separated them.