SWIMMING TEAM BATTLES NAVY TODAY; FRESHMEN MEET ANDOVER SQUAD HERE

The undefeated Varsity mermen will get their first test of the current campaign when they meet the strong Navy squad in Annapolis today, while the Freshmen swimmers tangle with Andover in the Indoor Athletic Building Pool at 3 o'clock this afternoon.

In Gordon Wiley the Middies have a sprint man who will be favored to annex the 50 and give Captain Powers a stiff fight in the 100. In the distances, however, the Ulenmen will have a decided advantage. Jim Conger heads the Navy 220 and 440 delegations, but he will probably be limited to one second in the quarter. Powers and Bus Curwen will be favored to sweep the 220, and Curwen will win the 440.

White improves

The meet will be a good test for up-and-coming breaststroker Bob White. His practice times have been coming down considerably, but he is short on meet experience. The other specially star, Bill Drucker, should not have too much difficulty in the dorsal event. Ailing diver Shaw McCutcheon made the trip with the team and may see service.

The Navy class of 1941 is being graduated this week instead of in June so the visiting Harvard mermen will be in on all the color of the famous Annapolis commencement week.