Pi Eta Club Rehearses 71st Annual Musical

Casting for the title roles and the chorus is completed, and rehearses are now in full swing for the Pi Eta Club's 71st annual show, "Out of Line," to be given publicly at the clubhouse, Winthrop Square, Cambridge, on March 21 and 22.

Director Paul Anderson of Boston, who has put on the Pi Eta shows for the last ten years, has charge of this year's comedy. He is fast shaping his principals to their roles, and he is also training a group of Pi Eta gentlemen in feminine chorus technique.

Pi Eta Alumni Write Show

The book for "Out of Line" was written by David J. Conroy and Thomas O. Hunter, both Pi Eta alumni and now first-year students at the Harvard Law School.

Plot of "Out of Line" centers about a young man, "Jay," played by Allen W. Mathis, Jr. '42, and his friend "Ted,' played by John E. O'Neil, Jr. '42, who inherit a college and also win a half dozen chorus girls in a crap game. In their attempt to rejuvenate the college with their chorines, "Jay" and "Ted" find themselves in a series of amorous and legal dilemmas, from which they finally succeed in extricating themselves.

After the March 21 show there will be a dance at which Ken Bartlett will provide the music. Proceeds from the show and dance will go to buying bundles for Britain.