Senior Album to Feature Three Innovations, More Snapshots

Review of Club System to Be Made For First Time

Complete with many new features, such as informal pictures of the Faculty, a long article on Harvard and the war, snapshots of 25 extra-curricular organizations, and a two-page spread on the club system, the 1941 Class Album is fast taking shape.

Already hundreds of photographs have been taken, many articles have been written, biographies have been checked and re-checked, and the complete lay-out has been fixed in an effort to make the book the best ever and to have it printed as soon as possible.

Snapshots of House Members

As usual, there will be an article on each House and Dudley Hall, covering the year's activities, dances, athletics, speakers, dinners, plays, prominent members, and hostesses. In addition, there will be informal snapshots of House members at dances, beer parties, studies, dinners, and in the midst of long and bitter water fights.

The book will also have attractive division pages in color, a specially-processed cover which will hold together nearly 300 pages, and a section on athletics, which, for the major sports, will include photographs of the last three Varsity teams and the Freshman teams of the Class of '41.

Three New Features

Of the three new features in the Album, a long article on Harvard and the war by Richard D. Edwards '41 will doubtless be of the greatest interest in years to come. It will describe student organizations and demonstrations centering around the war, together with student opinions based on a poll, relevant snapshots, and perhaps a list of Seniors on active duty.

A second new feature will be the informal snapshots of the Faculty on nearly every page of the Faculty section. Hitherto there had been only photographs of President Conant, the members of the Harvard Corporation, the deans, administrative officials, and officers of the University.

Club System Reviewed

The third new feature will include informal pictures of each major extracurricular organization plus snapshots and articles covering nearly every other organization here. There are at least 30 of these, such as the Stamp Club, the Gliding Club, the Chess Club, the John Reed society, and the Council of Government Concentrators. Moreover, a two-page spread on the club system, with informal snapshots of club activities, will be printed for the first time.