PLANS READY FOR YOUTH CONGRESS

Delegates Meet Here Over Week-End; 15 From Harvard Chosen to Attend

Plans for the National Conference for Democracy in Education, to be held here Saturday and Sunday, have been completed in detail, according to Janet Skner, secretary of the Planning Committee.

Over 600 delegates are expected, with probably about 15 from Harvard. The newest additions to the list of acceptances from organizations here include the newly-formed Committee to Advance Harvard Education, the Law Forum Council, the Dramatic Club, the Harvard Film Society, the Society of Architectural Students, the Circolo Italiano and the German Club.

One of the most outstanding features of the activities in connection with the conference is the miniature press-room officials are planning to set up. They are asking all college newspapers to send men to cover the conference, as well as delegates, and will supply them with typewriters, mimeograph machines, and even United Press and Associated Press wire service.

National Directors Arrive

Directors of several organizations are arriving today and tomorrow to help take charge of the conference. Joseph Cadmon, administrative secretary of the American Youth Congress is one of the foremost youth leaders who will take part at the meeting.

Delegates are being sent from New England colleges such as Simmons, Brown, Bowdoin, Dartmouth, University of New Hampshire, American International College, and Wellesley. Local colleges will send over 200 representatives, with the majority of the remaining students coming from the southern states.

Four panels are planned for Saturday afternoon, to follow a talk by Jack McMichael, chairman of the Youth Congress. They will deal with academic freedom, the college press, student finances, and conscription. Three prominent professors will talk Saturday evening, Professor Doxey Wilkerson of Howard University, Professor Colston Warne of Amherst College, and Professor Francis O. Matthiessen, associate professor of History and Literature.