Swimmers Trim Quakers; Hoopsters Beaten

QUINTET LOSES TO LIONS, 36-18

Scoring two points to its opponents one, Columbia trimmed the Crimson basketball team, 36 to 18, in a hard fought game last Saturday night after the Harvard Freshmen, led by Captain Bunks Burditt, had taken the measure of Dean Academy, 49 to 43.

Chuck Hasslinger of the Lions was easily the game's individual star. Not only did he pace his teammates by scoring a total of twelve points, but his passing and his teamwork made him one of the best players to face the Crimson so far this year. In addition to Hasslinger right forward Cerrone stood out for Columbia, eight points being credited to him.

Harvard's playing was by no means listless, and, sparked by Joe Romano, who scored seven points, the team fought well throughout. The quintet's main weakness was its failure to recover shots from the backboards, but in this it was handicapped by the superior height of the Lion team.

In the Freshman game, Captain Bunks Burditt, with twenty-three points to his credit, stood out for the Yardlings, who have so far this year lost only two games. What made victory count more, however, was the fact that, before the Dean team had met the Crimson, it had averaged sixty-two points a game.