University Announces Emeritus Appointees

The University yesterday announced the appointment of Dr. William C. Quinby as clinical professor of Genito-Urinary Surgery, emeritus, and Dr. Irving J. Walker as clinical professor of Surgery, emeritus, effective next September 1.

Dr. Quinby, who graduated here in 1899 and from the Medical School in 1902, joined the Faculty in 1917 as director of the Laboratory of Surgical Research and instructor in Surgery. He became instructor in Genito-Urinary Surgery in 1919, assistant professor in 1921 and clinical professor in 1926. He Hospital, and consulting surgeon to the Boston State Hospital.

has served as president of the Medical Alumui Association, president of the Boston Surgical Society, president of the American Association of Genito-Urinary Surgeons, and president of the Clinical Society of Genito-Urinary Surgeons.

Dr. Walker, who graduated from Harvard in 1904 and the Medical School in 1907, has been clinical professor of Surgery since 1928. He has served as surgeon-in-chief of the Boston City Hospital, supervising surgeon of Malden