Fighting Dartmouth Team Ties Pucksters, 3-3; Crimson Hoopsters Lose 63 to 47 to Big Green

Buckley High Scorer; Freshmen Defeated in Exciting Contest

HANOVER, N. H., Mar. 5-In one of the highest scoring league games of the season the Dartmouth basketball team defeated a plucky Harvard quintet tonight 63 to 47 before a capacity audience at the Alumni Gymnasium.

The Dartmouth yearlings also came out ahead as they tripped the Yardlings 27 to 26 in a preliminary contest.

Big Green Captain Gus Broberg was a double hero for the evening. He led the scoring parade with a total of 22 points and was the recipient of a gold watch presented to him by friends in a brief pre-game ceremony.

Coach Fesler's men, sadly lacking in height in order to combat the taller Dartmouth forwards, were very much in the ball game in the first half. They pulled up to within three baskets of Dartmouth at the half with the score reading 31 to 25.

At the start of the last period, however, the league-leading Indians made victory certain with a prolonged scoring rally. Superior reserves began to produce results as the Crimson showed evidence of tiredness. Although they managed to work the ball into scoring position the visitors started to miss numerous shots.

High scorer for the losers was Ed Buckley with 15 points. Little Joe Romano followed with 12 points, while Captain Franny Simpson caged eight points.

The hard-fought Freshman tilt was not decided until the closing minutes when the Big Green wiped out a five point deficit following Bill Snyder's ejection from the fray on fouls. Jack Torgan, with nine points, was the high scorer of the game.