Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Annual Lowell Production Will Be "Venus And Adonis"

As its annual opera, the Lowell House Musical Society will produce "Venus and Adonis"' by John Blow, next Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Each year the society performs a little-known opera. Among the former productions have been Handels "Acis and Galatea" and Purcell's "Dido and Acneas". This year's production is an English opera written in 1685 for the private entertainment of the king.

Aiding in the production will be the Glee Club; the Radcliffe Choral Society; and a chorus, orchestra, and ballet of Harvard and Radcliffe students. John S. Weld, instructor in English is dramatic director for the opera, with Malcolm H. Holmes as musical director.

Miss Nancy Waite 1G., will play the role of Venus, and John W. Darr, Jr. '42 that of Adonis. Dean K. Morse '41 is president of the musical society, and William K. Headley '41 is vice-president.