MEETING WILL PLAN ANNUAL PEACE STRIKE

Last Year's Demonstration Split by Inter-Group Feud

In an attempt to continue the series of peace strikes which have taken place for seven years, the Harvard Peace Strike Committee yesterday announced a meeting of all organizations interested to determine a "common ground" for a joint Harvard-Radcliffe strike.

Last year's arrangements for the demonstration were thrown into turmoil when the Harvard Anti-War Committee broke away from the original peace group, claiming that it was Communist dominated. Michael Quill, C.I.O. leader, was originally scheduled to speak to the strikers, but the Anti-War Committee asked Norman Thomas to address its adherents.

Later, the two committees reached an informal agreement for peace between the groups. Thomas refused to speak from the same platform as Quill, however, and it was necessary to hold two separate meetings.

Oppose Convoys

Proposing as the minimum basis for the discussion of the peace strikers' aims: "No Convoys; no A. E. F.; and democracy in defense; no racial discrimination by the armed forces," the temporary strike committee will decide the complete policy in Thursday's meeting of peace groups.

Referring to the times when the strike has been held in the past, the committee in a statement emphasized the increased importance of this year's action, calling former walk-outs "dress-rehearsals" and this the "real thing."

Present plans call for the demonstration to take place on Wednesday, April 23, at 11 o'clock, at which time all students interested in the movement will walk out of their classes. In past years, there has been a meeting at which the strikers assemble to hear addresses. No plans for this year's meeting have as yet been completed.

Richard D. Edwards '41 is chairman of the committee for Harvard and Miss Jane Pike, Radcliffe '41 heads the Radcliffe group.