RUGGERS STOP CORNELL 38-0

Crimson Hopes Soar After Defeat of Big Red Team

Hopes for a third successive undefeated season soared high Saturday as the Crimson rugged ruggers smashed to a 38 to 0 victory over the Cornell fifteen on Soldiers Field. The high score was more encouraging in view of the fact that the Rugby Club was one man short after Tom Killer dislocated his shoulder in the early moments of the game.

The story was told by the hard driving, close packing scrum which moved over the Cornell forwards like a vicious steam roller. Their superior heeling and quicker action off mark gave the Crimson backs the opportunities for the afternoon's scoring spree. But Coach Sid Cabot still sees further possibilities for gerater efficiency in the backfield.

Practically all the backs took a part in the scoring activities. Bobbie Green, Jim Balsley, and Bill "high pockets" Waters tied for scoring honors with two tries apiece, while John Harkness, Phil Markwart and Bill Dowrey each contributed an additional three points. Ably taking over the kicking duties of Dave Caldwell, who graduated last year, Wally DeWitt offered four conversions and a penalty kick to the Crimson cause.

In the Junior Varsity game the green and rather ragged second team fought the Boston Rugby Club to 3 to 3 tie. A blocked kick by Cy Taylor led to the only Crimson score.