CONANT ARRIVES FROM BRITAIN TODAY BY PLANE

Brings Defense Data From Europe-at-War

Returning from his eight week scientific mission to England, President James Bryant Conant '14 will arrive in New York at 10 o'clock this morning via transatlantic Clipper, the United Press reported last night.

President Conant is expected to return here today with his secretary, A. Calvert Smith '14, who went to New York to meet the Clipper. Instead of returning here, he may perhaps go straight to Washington to report to President Roosevelt, members of President Conant's secretarial staff said yesterday.

Tomorrow morning he is expected to preside at a meeting of the Corporation here, and on Saturday he is slated to lead the special junket of the Board of Overseers to William and Mary College, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Gone Eight Weeks

Leaving this country on Saturday, February 15, President Conant headed a scientific mission sent to England by President Roosevelt to coordinate British and American defense research. In the White House statement announcing the appointment of the mission, President Roosevelt said that "first hand observation of recent English scientific research and experiments is important for the prosecution of America's program of research on problems of national defense."