PERMANENT OFFICES FILLED AFTER AGENT APPOINTMENT

Hornblower Already in Search of Class Funds

With the appointment of Henry Hornblower, 2nd. '41 as the Class Agent for the Alumni Fund, the last of the three permanent offices of the Class of 1941 has been filled. The other two permanent executives are Seth C. Crocker, Secretary, and E. Langdon Burwell, Treasurer.

Hornblower has already begun his duties by composing a letter in appeal for contributions to the Harvard Fund. All such funds are turned over to the University as unrestricted money and devoted solely to the interests of the College.

In graduate years the Agent normally makes two appeals annually, on March 15 and May 10. Every cent of money contributed by a Class until its 25th Reunion is credited automatically toward the traditional 25th Anniversary Gift of $100,000 to the College.

If his collections are at least normal, the Class should have more than half this sum in the Harvard Treasury on the 13th Reunion.

Contact Man

The Class Secretary is the man who keeps in touch with his classmates and shares largely in the reunion plans. He sees to it that all alumni notes, including class deaths, are submitted to the Alumni Bulletin. The Secretary automatically becomes a member of the Association of Harvard College Secretaries on graduation.

The caring for the Class Funds, both receiving and spending, is the duty of the Treasurer. With these funds, a Class carries on its traditional functions, such as publication of Class Reports, and reunion affairs.

Raises $35,000

Another of the Treasurer's duties is to organize a small Class deposit to cover running expenses and pay for the first Class report. Later he will raise money, amounting to $30,000 or $35,000 for the Class to celebrate its 25th Anniversary.

Since the Class funds have nothing whatsoever to do with the Harvard Fund, the Class Treasurer and Agent of the Class Fund consult each other frequently in order that their campaigns for contributions will not conflict.