CRIMSON TENNIS TEAM SWAMPS COLUMBIA, 7-2

In its first official match of the season, Coach Jack Barnaby's Varsity tennis team defeated Columbia 7 to 2 Saturday afternoon on the Divinity Field courts.

Every member of the Crimson team won except Homer Peabody and Orme Wilson in the second and third singles. Persinger outfought Peabody 7-5, 6-3 in a contest which was much closer than the score indicated and Loodas grabbed a three set decision over Wilson 6-4, 0-6, 6-2.

Jim Jenkins, having recovered from his last week's loss to Rodman, had command of the situation from start to finish of the number one singles match. He beat Ehrichs in straight sets 6-1, 6-2.

Captain Sonny Lyell, in the fourth singles spot, completely outclassed his opponent in the most one-sided match of the day, crushing Felder 6-0, 6-0. In the next two singles matches, Russ Ellis beat Schwartz 6-4, 6-0, while Howie Exell was conquering Crumb 6-3, 2-6, 6-2.

Harvard won all three doubles encounters. Lyoll and Peabody defeated Leodas and Ehrichs 6-4, 6-1; Wilson and Ellis defeated Persinger and Babcock 6-2, 6-2; and Clarke and Symon won over Crumb and Swartz 6-1, 1-6, 7-5.