Lerner Will Conduct Summer School Forum

Current events forums, the most popular public feature of the summer school program, will be conducted this year by Max Lerner, former editor of the Nation magazine, now professor of Political Science at Williams College, and Professor Hans Kohn, international affairs specialist of Smith College.

Two summers ago Max Lerner and Professor Kohn conducted the same series of forums and built up an enthusiastic audience of over a thousand. Discussions on current events in America will be handled by Lerner, while Kohn will lead the meetings on international affairs.

Professor Lerner, who came to the profession of teaching political science through the Yale Law School, editorial work on the Encyclopedia of Social Sciences, and three years of journalistic work as editor of the Nation, was one of the most popular lecturers at Harvard last year. "Ideas Are Weapons," is one of his latest and most popular books.

Ten years of study on European and Asiatic problems and teaching at four universities qualifies Professor Kohn as a prominent authority on foreign affairs.