Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

CHARLES WARREN TO HEAD ALUMNI

Lawyer Elected to Succeed Governor Saltonstall at Harvard Club Meeting

Charles Warren '89 of Washington, D.C. and Dedham, Mass., prominent lawyer and legal scholar, was elected President of the Harvard Alumni Association to serve for one year from the day of Commencement, June 19, at a meeting of the Directors of the Alumni Association held at the Harvard Club of Boston last night. He succeeds Governor Leverett Saltonstall '14. The Association is comprised of 79,000 alumni of the University.

Warren was a member of the Harvard Board of Overseers from 1934 to 1940, is permanent Secretary of his Harvard Class, was formerly President of the Harvard Club of Washington, and was a founder of the Harvard Club of Boston. He is recognized as one of the nation's outstanding legal authorities on the United States Supreme Court and on neutrality. He won the 1922 Pulitzer prize in history for his book "The Supreme Court in United States History."

As Assistant Attorney-General in the World War, Warren had charge in the Department of Justice of all neutrality disputes.

Elected Vice-Presidents of the Alumni Association, to serve one year, were Laird Bell '04, of Chicago; Franklin E. Parker Jr. '18, of New York; and Henry W. Clark '23, of Easton, Pa.

Benry C. Clark '11 of Cambridge, was reelected Secretary of the Association and G. Storer Baldwin '21, of Boston, a member of the firm of Burr, Gannett and Company, bankers, was reelected Treasurer.