AIR CORPS TO ADVISE FLIERS

Navy Will Offer Harvard Special Flight Squadron

In accord with their policy to help undergraduates who are interested in flying, the Harvard Flying Cadet Committee will hold a mass meeting on May 21 at the Hasty Pudding Club auditorium at which Army and Navy Flying Corps officers will answer questions about government flying.

Present at the meeting will be several men who have recently gone through the training schools, and an officer from each service to further aid to undergraduates. Movies, showing the outstanding features of Army and Navy flying, will be shown.

The Navy has announced to the Committee that it will offer undergraduates an opportunity to join a Harvard Squadron. Men selected for this group will go through their eight months training period at the same base, and will be kept as a unit until they become officers.

Advised for Possible Draftees

Although the meeting is no high pressure gathering to enlist men in the air forces, the Committee suggests government flying service to all men whose draft numbers are within possible call.

NROTC men are given preference by the Navy, then college graduates with a course in aeronautical engineering, to other college grads, to men with two years of satisfactory college work, and to men with one year of college and three years' experience as a business executive.