Crimson Cubs Defeat Eli Lacrossemen 7 to 2

Varsity Loses to Boston; '44 Win First in History

Tom Bridge and Jay Hurley, with three goals each, sparked the Yardling lacrosse team to defeat Yale 7 to 2 last Saturday at New Haven for the first win in history over the Blue Freshmen. Ward Shultz caged the other Yardling marker while Healey and Van Arsdale accounted for the Blue scoring.

At the same time, the Varsity dropped its eighth game of the season to the Boston Lacrosse Club 7 to 6.

Although trailing 6 to 0 at the half, Captain Doug Anderson's men threatened to take the game with a delayed scoring surge of six goals in the second half. It looked as if the home forces would outlast the older, more experienced visitors but the final whistle prevented such an event.

Anderson and Bill Ierardi scored twice for the Crimson, Carl Sullivan and Fred Benedix tallied one apiece, while Bill Rand went scoreless. For the B. L. C., Harvey Cohen of the Business School was the high scorer with three goals. Nels Cochran, former Harvard captain, scored once, while the rest of the visitors' goals were sunk by Fisler and Coffin.